Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Perfect Fit



Anyone who knows me knows I Love a good deal. And online shopping never lets me down. You always can get killer deals and most sites give free shipping. There is more variety and you dont have to leave the house. You cant beat that. I haven't bought a nice pair of jeans in years. The last pair I purchased were sevens from nordstroms and though I LOVE LOVE them, they come with a steep price tag. Plus you have to get them tailored if your a shortie like me. 5'3 1/2 to be exact. 5'4  on a good day :) Well I knew the time was coming that I needed to buy a simple pair of dark blue jeans. Jeans that I could wear with just about anything. And of course they had to make me look skinny, tall, and perfect :) That's not much to ask is it? HaHa basically I wanted a miracle pair of jeans. Which had me starting to hunt down the perfect pair. I Love the Gap for their baby clothes but I hadn't really gave their jeans a try. I went online and starting reading reviews. 600+ good reviews later I decided I was going to take the plunge. The price tag was low and free shipping + a coupon. The only problem was..what size am I in gap jeans? This seems like a funny question but every brand, fit and style of jean is completly different. So I did what I think its the funnest best way to shop..order everything...hahah..okay well not everything. I knew I wanted a dark pair of jeans with no frills. I knew what my usual size of jean was and I knew what I wanted to look like in those jeans. Miracle jeans remember? So I ordered three different style of jeans in 2 sizes each. ( Long and Lean, Curvy, and Modern Trouser) And 5 days later...


Gap has a great return policy. They don't ask questions and they are always so friendly. Believe me they wont even bat an eye when I return the jeans that don't work. You can return them online but I just typically run into the store and return them because I get my refund quicker.
The long and lean jeans were amazing! I never paid them much attention before because with the name "long and lean" I thought that's what you had to be to wear them. WRONG-O! That's what the jeans make your body look like. They slipped on like a dream and the ankle length was perfect for me. It just barely skimmed the floor. (gap has three lengths to choose from online. Ankle, regular, and long) The other pair I fell in love with was the "curvy" jeans. They have more room in the hips and bum and then they are made smaller in the waist which is my exact body. My jeans are always looser in the waist and so tight in the bum and these jeans totally take care of that problem. They run slightly big as well. The last pairs I tried were the "modern trouser" jean. Unfortunately these jeans you can only order in the regular length and they are so so so so long. I put on my biggest wedges and they still pooled on the ground. Boo! They are super cute and comfy though and I totally recommend them to a giant :) I spent so little on these two pairs I can buy a cute pair of ballet flats as well to go with them. So it was a successful shopping day for me. I had no gross lights and mirrors staring back at my huge bum and I felt confident and great in these jeans. You cant buy that kind of happiness. 

The winners...



I have to send you off with an adoring word to my hubby... Thank you sweetie for trusting me to spend a wad of dough trying to find a good pair of jeans. Granted it will all be refunded but I appreciate you letting your crazy wife have the bank card and ordering 6 pairs of jeans. Your the  best!

1 comment:

  1. Erin, I love your new blog!!! and thanks for the jeans "tip". I have been on the hunt for good, cute (and not so pricey) jeans, and never even thought of the GAP!! I am gonna try some.

    ReplyDelete