Wednesday, September 21, 2011

When in Doubt wear lipstick


I've always thought my best feature on my face was my eyes. Therefore Ive usually focused on them when doing makeup and just slapped on some nude or beige color lipgloss. Dont get me wrong I love a good lip and I often use some beautiful bold colors on others when doing makeup. But for myself I usually dont. With all the new gorgeous fall colors in lipsticks coming out right now I decided to buy myself an Urban Decay lipstick yesterday in the color Gash. Can lipstick change your life? It just Might. I put it on in the store and loved it. Tip: Dont EVER EVER EVER ever ever ever buy a lipstick without trying it on. It's a waste of time and money. Sometimes the colors you would never pick up are the ones that look the best on you. I promise you the sales ladies want you to try makeup on. They arent looking at you like your lame. When I got home the hubby said "Your lips are Pink" (well a deep berry but you cant blame a male for that kinda mistake) I took it as a compliment since he doesnt notice those kinds of things.  Plus hubby is finding he has a love for berry colored kisses on his face :) Score one for the wife.

Put on some Lipstick and Pull yourself together. -Elizabeth Taylor

A good tip when wearing a richly hued lipstick is to wear minimal makeup on the rest of your face. I used a shimmering nude color on my eyelids and did cat eyes with a black cream liner and mascara.




No comments:

Post a Comment